Clarity of Project Requirements & Project Scope
At the onset of a project, our team ensures that all relevant stakeholders have a firm understanding of the project requirements and are aware of the importance of having an unambiguous project scope. At Actiknow, we follow Lean Six Sigma methodology (DMAIC) and thereby clearly define project requirement & scope. This leads to smooth execution of the project without any hassle. Using the right tools to draft and articulate project requirements, transparency and accountability is established.
Planning Workflow, Risks & Resources
Once the project charter is outlined, the project planner & the project manager(s) are decided based on the project requirements. Choosing the right team gives an edge and mitigates any unforeseen risks. So, the project manager(s) define the work-breakdown structure and identify the deliverables. Based on these deliverables, team members with the right skill set are selected forming the best possible team for the project in question.
Communication Plan - Clarity & Frequency
Steady flow of information among the project stakeholders is necessary to avoid any unnecessary delays in project completion. So it is of utmost importance to allot a weekly time-slot for discussions between the client and the team. Setting up such a communication plan addresses the following points –
- Informing the client about project plan, scope; review and approvals thereof.
- Keeping team members informed about change in project schedule.
- Highlighting any unforeseen issues that surface midway.
Kick-off & Monitor Project
With everything in place, the project can now takeoff. Project manager(s) communicate client expectations to the team members following which they start working on each of their assigned tasks. Progress is tracked and shared with the client periodically. The following tasks are seen through –
- Assigning tasks to respective team members.
- Updating information on time, expenses, issues, documents and deliverables on a daily basis.
- Keeping track of performance on the basis of the project baseline.
- Follow the mantra Get things done, no matter what are obstacles
Deliver, Close & Review
Once milestones are met & the end-product is ready to be released, the client is informed about the project artifacts and the associated benefits. The entire team sits down for a discussion with the client to ensure clarity over the project. Therefore, the following tasks are overseen in the final stage –
- Project deliverables are working for the client.
- Any issues/gaps are addressed.
- A trainer or champion is identified in tandem with the client.
- Training the trainer.
- Running successful pilot tests and enabling the customer to market the end-product inside and outside the customer’s organization.